Tuesday, November 1, 2011

September flows into October

My main computer is having a tantrum , or should I say still having a tantrum (since my last post). All my pictures were hijacked by some corrupt data blah blah blah; but my apple geeking brother recovered them and I should be up and running soon. So since I will have pictures to post, I will reminisce about September and October.

September began with a visit from my brother, aka Uncle James. Uncle James has a huge fan base in my kids. When he showed up the party began. The following day we headed to the state fair. Horse rides, farm animals, fantastic food, carnival rides and hot weather equals a whole lot of fun. My kids are fearless when it comes to rides, I have never seen grins so big. They got their uncle and dad to ride a few with them. Which brings me to a memory from my own childhood. My dad on a roller coaster ride, his very last ride screaming "never ever ever." My brother and I will always remember it and now I will always remember my brother riding the kiddie roller coaster with my son saying the same thing. Even if he was just being goofy it was hilarious hearing a grown man screaming like a little kid.



The one thing that always stick with me about my brother is how young of heart he is. No matter how old we get or the distance we are separated he always brings out the 5 year old in both of us. 

The next day we thought the beautiful Oregon Coast was in order. Unfortunately the coast did not agree. We left a beautiful day in Salem and ended up in traffic to miserable freezing cold weather at the coast. The only bright side... Well there was none it was cold! And foggy and he could have seen that back in San Franscico. So back home to the heat we headed. 



The following day the kids and I made it out of the house to give Uncle James some time to work, and to do some school shopping. But for the life of me I can not remember what we did that afternoon. The next morning before the sun was up Naia and I drove Uncle James to the airport. And this is when the party ended.  



The first day of school came really fast. Ella started Kindergarten this year and Chaise the second grade. Both girls were so excited. We have been so blessed in our teachers. All the way back to preschool. I love that my girl have connected with them, and that I have also.



  

A few days later Naia turned one month and my good friend Nancy took some great pictures. 



























Naia has entered her second month of life and Nancy returns to take more wonderful pictures.  Thank you nancy these are brillant. I look at these pictures and I see Ella.  My littlest girl is all smiles. I love it. She smiles and coos and has a fondness for some pictures that hang above the couch. I am teaching this one early about color and home decor.



She is so sweet and so expressive. Ella thinks she is a genius. Owen is beginning to realize that this little thing is actually his little sister.  If the baby is not in sight he wants to know where she is. Although he still refers to her as "the baby".



September flows into October. This month is when our lives get busy.  Chaise began riding lessons. That girl has never been so happy. She is doing really well. It is in her blood.  It comes from her dads side.  I loved that Mike and I could make her dream come true. 



Ella is back to ballet. She has been very excited to perform in the Nutcracker. We were so excited to find out she is going to be a Christmas doll. The past two years she was a little mouse so this will be a great change. Now to find the perfect dress.  Ohh and I must mention that Ella ran in her kindergarten jogathon and she did 12 laps.  That girl surprises me daily.  I just love her! She is rocking those leopard tights.
Owen...well he is Owen. He is to young to participate in outside activities an so energetic that he needs to be in something. He is such a sweet little guy to his baby sister and a little bother per Ella to... well Ella.  Chaise is his favorite at the moment.  He will do just about anything if she ask.  Most days he is running around with his lala (pacifier), blanket and a hammer. You never know what to expect from this little boy.






From riding lessons to ballet and Rocksalt we are a busy family. Since Mike works evenings I am the one that shuttles this family to all events, and come November we will be adding basketball. Ah.. the sacrifice we mothers make for our little ones.

I can not write about October without mentioning our family trip to the pumpkin patch. We tried a new place this year. We went to Lee farms. Loved it and so did the kids. Great music from a local Portland band Cloverdayle, beautiful weather and the friendliest people. I thought the prices were reasonable, except the pumpkins. Mike had to pick his lips off the ground when he forked over $40 for pumpkins. Yikes...silly man. Thank you Lee Farms we will be back next year, but we are only getting 1 big pumpkin maybe 2.


I also had the privilege of attending Ella's kindergarten field trip to EZ Orchards. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time finding the perfect little pumpkin.





I know more has happened this month but we are going to end with Halloween. This was my first year taking the kids out trick or treating. Mike has always take them, but hey work takes priority this time. This year Chaise was a black cat, Ella a mermaid, Owen Batman and sweet Naia,who slept through the whole thing, wore a white bear snowsuit. After a fun-filled night (thank you Repplinger family) we headed home to our dark house to just sit. We put on jammies and watched a little Max and Ruby till we just fell into our snuggly warm beds.




This concludes the catchup do to my very unhappy computer.  My brother was gracious enough to send us his old laptop to get us through till he comes for Thanksgiving. November is going to rock! I will tell you all about it in my next post. And looking at the clock this won't post till Nov anyway. I must be sure not to let the time get away from me and my blog.

My sweet boy about to reek havoc on the Burrell girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment